You may have heard tips to eat a low-fat diet or drink a lot of water to clear up your skin. Those tips may sound like old wives’ tales that aren’t backed by real science, but recent studies suggest that your diet can have an effect on acne. What is your acne diet plan in Shawnee, KS?
5 Food Tips to Reduce Acne
An acne diet plan is a great way to find out which foods affect the blemishes on your skin. You can adjust your diet and then watch and see the effects. Be sure to stick to your plan and record the changes.
- Avoid Dairy: If you are looking to adjust your acne diet plan in Kansas City, a great place to start is by reducing dairy intake. Dairy can be found in cheese, creamy pasta dishes, ice cream, and milk products. Studies show that avoiding dairy can have positive effects on your skin health.
- Increase Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Healthy fats found in fish and avocados can be great for your skin. Increasing these healthy fats can help to clear up acne, as well as provide other health benefits.
- Eat Foods High in Fiber: High fiber foods have been shown to reduce acne. An overall healthy diet should include foods high in fiber, and you can see how these diet changes affect your skin.
- Increase Protein Intake: Lean protein can also be good for your skin. A diet with ample protein has many benefits for your life, especially when paired with increased water intake.
- Lower Sugar and Saturated Fat Intake: Avoid sugar and the unhealthy fats found in french fries, chips, and most fried foods. Not only can you watch for improvements in your acne, but you can also see how a healthy diet will help you in many aspects of your life.
As you are researching your acne diet plan in Shawnee, KS, do not be afraid to speak with professionals to get the answers specific to your body and your needs.