Many times, acid reflux can be tolerated without treatment, but the discomfort is ongoing. You shouldn’t have to live with pain, and you can decide on a diet for acid reflux to help eliminate the adverse symptoms. Along with nutritional improvements, chiropractic care and lifestyle habit changes in Kansas City can all work together to treat your acid reflux without the use of medications.
How to Treat Acid Reflux without Medication
As you are seeking a diet for acid reflux in Kansas City, there are a few tips to keep in mind that can help to reduce your symptoms:
- Reduce Fatty Foods: Diets rich in fat can increase acid reflux, making your throat feel uncomfortable and creating an acid taste in your mouth. When you avoid unhealthy fats, you can reduce the discomfort from acid reflux.
- Do Not Eat Late at Night: Try not to lay down right after you eat. Sitting up will give your body time to process the food and settle into your stomach.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: When we chew and swallow our food, it passes through the Lower Esophageal Sphincter that closes to prevent food and acids from coming back up. Chiropractic adjustments can help to strengthen the supporting muscles and repair posture. Studies show improvements in acid reflux after seeking chiropractic care.
- Proper Posture: A slumped over posture can be a cause of acid reflux. Sit up straight and give gravity a chance to move your food down the right channels.
- Avoid Alcohol and Smoking: Drinking and smoking can also contribute to acid reflux. Reduce your consumption, and you will see positive results.
There isn’t an easy fix for acid reflux in Shawnee, KS, and the solution isn’t always in a diet for acid reflux alone. When you combine your dietary changes with these other tips, you can see the positive results more quickly.
At LifeWorks, our Comprehensive Care model uses a combination of pain relief, physical medicine, regenerative medicine, and chiropractic care. When we treat the root cause of your pain, we can work toward achieving lasting relief. If you are interested in a drug-free approach, schedule a consultation to learn more.