Living with the effects of acid reflux can be debilitating for many people. You may have tried over-the-counter drugs and home remedies, but you cannot find the diet for acid reflux that works for you. It’s important to understand that your body is unique. Take the time to find out a suitable diet for acid reflux through Nutrition Response Testing.
What Is Nutrition Response Testing?
Nutrition Response Testing takes a closer look at areas of your body, including examining your organs. Then we can determine which nutrients are missing from your diet. Once this is determined, you may be asked to make some diet and lifestyle changes to promote a new diet for acid reflux to eliminate your uncomfortable symptoms.
Each individual will have different needs, which is why a nutrition response examination is necessary. What your body needs in order to find reprieve from acid reflux is different from what someone else needs.
Examples of Natural Remedies for Acid Reflux
Each person will receive a different diet for acid reflux, including supplements that their body may be lacking. First, let’s take a look at some common symptoms of acid reflux:
- Dry mouth
- Bad breath
- Burping up acidic food
- Waking up from sleep feeling like you are choking
- Throat irritation
No one is expected to live life with these ongoing, chronic symptoms. So find relief through Nutrition Response Testing, where you can find out precisely what your body needs. Then, when you treat the root of the problem rather than trying to cover up symptoms, you will find lasting results.
Take a look at some examples in Kansas City of finding positive results with natural remedies to reflux:
- Reduce Processed Foods: Inflammation in the gut is a significant cause of acid reflux. When you reduce your intake of processed foods, you will find more balance in your gut.
- Increase Probiotics: Probiotics contribute good bacteria into your gut that balances out the bad bacteria. This balance is essential to maintaining smooth digestion processes.
- Increase Fiber: Fiber is known to regulate digestion, making sure that food does not sit in the stomach for too long. When your body is moving food through the digestive tract more efficiently, you are less likely to have acid come back up the esophagus.
- Reduce Sugar: Sugar contributes to hard stools and not being able to use the bathroom. It also does not do well for a healthy and balanced gut.
- Elevate Head When Sleeping: Simple ergonomics like keeping your head elevated can reduce the amount of acid that comes back up from your stomach.
- Do Not Eat Before Lying Down: Some people with acid reflux in Shawnee, KS, are advised to wait to lie down after they have eaten for at least 3 hours.
- Exercise: Get your body moving through exercise, which can also reduce stress in your life.
- Chew Your Food: This may sound simple, but digestion starts in your mouth. Unfortunately, many people do not chew their food enough to get the digestive process off to a good start.
- Add Supplements: Nutrition Response Testing will reveal what nutrients you need to restore balance in your gut. This may include apple cider vinegar, probiotics, digestive enzymes, or chamomile tea.
When you make small changes in your life, you will be able to live comfortably without acid reflux in Shawnee. While some of these tips may sound like no-brainers, when they are combined with a high-quality diet and specific supplements, you can see the changes you seek.
At LifeWorks, our Nutrition Response Testing determines which nutrients may be lacking in your body to restore health and provide balance. Then, we work to decide which supplements to add to your diet. For a natural way to improve acid reflux, schedule a consultation with us.