You may not be aware of how beneficial omega-3 fatty acids can be to your overall health. When you participate in food sensitivity testing in Kansas City, you can discover which foods contribute to your chronic health issue. And you can also find out which nutrients are missing in your diet.
What Is Food Sensitivity Testing?
In the pursuit of finding out the root cause of your chronic pain, fatigue, or other ailments, you may wonder how food sensitivity testing in Kansas City plays a role. When you work with our qualified team, we can conduct Nutrition Response Testing to determine the foods that do not sit well in your body.
Each body processes nutrients and foods differently, which is why almonds may be beneficial to one person while another may want to steer away from them. Food sensitivity testing will provide answers specific to your body and diet. What essential nutrients are you missing?
This article will focus on omega-3 fatty acids and why you may be missing them in your diet. Look to each food rich in omega-3 fatty acids to uncover the benefits.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Foods that Are Missing in Your Diet
Search this list to find foods you enjoy and implement them into your daily intake. If you are searching for more omega-3 options, you can talk about high-quality supplements with our skilled team.
- Walnuts: Mix walnuts into your pasta dish, salads, oatmeal, and smoothies. Walnuts contain one of the most mg per serving of omega-3 fatty acids. You can even roast walnuts to make a warm snack on a cold winter night.
- Avocados: Have you hopped on the avocado toast train? This trend is a good one to implement in your breakfast or lunch pickings. Avocados contain the good fats that your body needs to be healthy and strong.
- Chia Seeds and Flaxseeds: These tiny seeds pack a strong punch of omega-3’s! You can mix them into your yogurt, smoothies, or breakfast cereal. Chia seeds and flaxseeds are not strong in taste, so they are easy to add to foods you are already eating without changing the integrity of the dish.
- Salmon and Other Fatty Fish: Taco Tuesday, anyone? Make a yummy lime and cilantro salmon taco on corn tortillas or grill your choice of fish to eat alone. You can season the fish to your liking and find fun ways to add them to your weekly meal planning.
- Egg Yolks: At one point, egg yolks got a bad rap. They indeed have more fat content than the rest of the egg. But the good news is that it is good fat. So add a fried egg to your avocado toast or a boiled egg to your salad.
Be creative and stretch yourself. As you implement omega-3’s into your diet, you will naturally pair them with other healthy foods that contain essential nutrients. That sounds like a win-win for changing your diet for the better in Kansas City!
Once you are familiar with which food sources will increase your omega-3 intake, you can enjoy the many benefits:
- Lower blood pressure
- Stabilized blood sugar
- Lower cholesterol
- Reduced inflammation
- Lowered risks of depression
- Boosted immune system
- Increased concentration
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Healthier skin
Sign up for food sensitivity testing in Kansas City to see if you are getting enough omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. With simple changes, you can experience renewed health.
At LifeWorks, we use non-invasive Nutrition Response Testing to determine which nutrients your body needs. Once pinpointed, you can increase the nutrients through food or supplements to restore health and balance. If you are looking for a natural strategy to improve your chronic disease, schedule a consultation with us to learn more.