ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION FOR MUSCLE PAIN?
We go beyond the traditional medical methods of masking your pain with medication. Instead, we offer relief from your muscle pain by finding and treating your specific trigger points. Trigger points form in the myofascial tissue covering your muscles, creating small, painful knots. Pain signals can radiate from these trigger points and create pain and tenderness in other areas. The most effective method of treating pain originating from trigger points is with a trigger point injection. This unique injection will single out the knot in your myofascial tissue, creating immediate relief as your tension is diminished. In turn, your surrounding tissues loosen, allowing muscle fibers to rebuild and strengthen. As your muscles heal, you will regain your range of motion and enjoy a more pain-free state.
COMMON PAINFUL MUSCLE INJURIES AND CONDITIONS CAN BE TRACED BACK TO TRIGGER POINTS:
- Temporamandibular (jawbone) joint pain
- Tension headaches
- Lower back pain
- Decreased range of motion in arms and/or legs
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- Chronic pain
HOW DO TRIGGER POINTS FORM?
Myofascial tissue is thin, strong connective tissue that extends throughout your body – like a web that supports and protects your muscles and bones. Normally, your myofascial tissue is soft and pliable, but damage can cause it to tighten and form knots, or trigger points. Tightened myofascial tissue can also restrict blood flow to the area. You may have just a few trigger points in a limited area, or you may have dozens of them throughout your body.
- Trigger points can form following an injury to your muscle tissue, or they may be the result of chronic movements that damage your muscles, such as posture and gait imbalances.
- Trigger points can form from stiff muscles resulting from long periods of sitting and being sedentary. Some factors that can contribute are sleep problems, nutritional deficiencies, lack of exercise or poor posture. Sometimes patients develop trigger points during their recovery from surgery.
- Trigger points can send pain signals to nearby tissues, creating a decreased range of motion.
- Trigger points tend to weaken the surrounding muscle tissues, which makes other muscle groups work harder. Pain may develop in these overworked muscles.
- Trigger points can make proper posture a challenge as the muscles in your neck, shoulders, and pelvic girdle become painful and weakened.
HOW TRIGGER POINT INJECTIONS HELP
You may experience temporary relief with prescribed medications, such as muscle relaxers. But this is not a permanent solution to your problem. Trigger point injections resolve your pain at the source, leaving you permanently pain-free.
Myofascial release, or therapeutic massage, can help some patients who have less acute pain and damage to their tissues. Other patients have more extensive trigger points with pain in multiple areas. Trigger point injections are the most effective treatment for these patients.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our medical staff has the experience and knowledge to provide you with the care you need. We will work with you to find the cause of your pain and implement a customized treatment plan that restores your health and regular daily activities.
- Your doctors will complete a full examination to assess the exact location and extent of your muscle injury.
- Trigger points often occur in conjunction with another condition. Depending on your specific symptoms, digital imaging may be necessary to provide an accurate diagnosis.
- Trigger point injections are done with an injection needle, usually containing a local anesthetic that will immediately numb the pain in your trigger point.
- Multiple injections over time may be necessary to provide complete relief, especially for deeper, more entrenched knots.
- Trigger point injections provide immediate relief for your muscle pain.
FOLLOWING A TRIGGER INJECTION, YOUR DOCTORS WILL ENCOURAGE YOU TO IMPLEMENT AN ONGOING PLAN TO REGAIN STRENGTH AND PREVENT YOUR MUSCLE PAIN FROM REOCCURRING.
- The doctors will give you a customized routine consisting of exercises and stretches designed to strengthen your muscles.
- Some painful conditions can be relieved with strength work designed to build the core muscles, which are important to keep your body balanced and stable. Strong core muscles are essential to keep the muscles in your lower back, pelvis, hips, and abdomen working together properly.
- Your doctors will encourage you to return to your daily activities, giving the affected muscles opportunities to rebuild through regular use.
- Depending on the cause of your trigger points, you may be offered posture training or nutrition counseling in order to develop new habits.
Why Postpone Relief from Your Muscle Pain? Call Today!