Dr. Matthew Gianforte
There are more ways to combat chronic fatigue than reaching for a candy bar or caffeinated drink. When you consider whole-body wellness, think of healthy habits to get a surge of energy when fatigue hits.
Healthy Ways to Fight Chronic Fatigue
Chronic fatigue can be frustrating and unexplainable. Rather than focusing on what you cannot control, make the changes that you do have control over in Shawnee, KS.
- Move Regularly: Even when it feels like you have no energy to do the dishes, make your bed, or clean the toilets after a long day, forcing yourself to move will build more stamina. Small movements like 10 jumping jacks or a walk around the block will get the ball rolling with extra energy to get your tasks done.
- Avoid Sugar and Processed Foods: Sugary candy and drinks can give a temporary surge of energy, but a crash quickly follows it. These foods are fine in moderation but look for nutrient-filled foods like fruits and vegetables for a natural energy boost.
- Get Some Fresh Air: Walk outside and breathe in the outdoor air. The breeze and sunshine will help to get you moving.
- Change the Scenery: If you are fighting chronic fatigue during an afternoon work session, change up the atmosphere. For example, you may find that working in an armchair in the office lobby or moving by a window with a view will provide the variety that you need.
- Make Small Goals: If it feels overwhelming to walk around the block, set small goals and take them one step at a time. For example, set a timer to do the dishes for 3 minutes and once you’ve achieved that, increase it a little more.
- Get More Sleep: When it comes to fighting fatigue, sleep is vital. Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night, being careful not to oversleep. When you consistently get the rest that your body needs, you may feel less tired during the day.
Here at Lifeworks, our goal is to make sure you know exactly what is causing you to feel the way you do. We do this mainly through a form of muscle testing known as nutrition response testing this technique allows us to test your body to see exactly what foods, Metals, chemicals are harming you and your body, as well as what ingredients will supplement your body and help it get back on track with functioning normal again.