One way to beat chronic disease is to fight it before you ever get the diagnosis. With a diabetes diet plan in Shawnee, KS, you can prevent this chronic disease in your life.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease resulting in your body being insulin resistant. This means that it does not process insulin efficiently enough to regulate blood sugar. You can prevent type 2 diabetes with a diabetes diet plan in combination with exercise.
Studies find that diet can contribute to preventing disease even more than exercise. You will not avoid illness through exercise alone in Shawnee, KS.
Diabetes Diet Plan
A diabetes diet plan does not have to restrict all sweets and carbohydrates. It’s important to eat a balanced diet in moderation. Here are some ideas for a balanced diet:
- Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables
- Include 2-4 ounces of protein in every meal.
- Eat desserts sparingly and with meals, not on an empty stomach.
- Limit your carb intake, choosing one starch per meal.
- Pair carbohydrates with protein, including meats, nuts, cheese, and Greek yogurt.
- Choose foods with omega-3 fatty acids like avocados and nuts.
A balanced diet can help prevent a number of chronic diseases in your life. And with the proper team, you can find the nutrients that you lack in your daily diet in Shawnee, KS, and fill in the holes. Vitamins and supplements are part of a healthy diabetes diet plan.
At LifeWorks, our team combines pain relief, physical medicine, regenerative medicine, and chiropractic care to prevent disease. You can get to the root cause of the disease rather than covering up discomforts. If you are interested in a non-surgical and medicine-free approach, then schedule a consultation and get started with your comprehensive plan.