If you are ready to improve your health and create a diabetes diet plan that is best for your body, you are in luck. This article will provide tips on the best foods to eat and which to avoid. Then you can create a diabetes diet plan in Kansas City that will help you manage your diabetes.
What Foods to Include and Exclude
Each body is different, so it is up to you to discover which foods spike your blood sugar and which foods are easy for your body to process. Use this list as a guide on where to start:
- Include Meats Low in Fat: chicken, turkey, lean cuts of pork and beef
- Include Fruits and Vegetables: cauliflower, broccoli, carrots; eat starchy vegetables and fruit in moderation
- Include Healthy Fats: avocados, fish, nut butter, coconut oil
- Include Nuts in Moderation: almonds, walnuts, pistachios
- Include Dairy in Moderation: cottage cheese, yogurt, feta cheese
- Include Eggs: eggs are an excellent protein source that is low in fat
- Include Water: 8 glasses per day
- Exclude Sugar and Sweets: candy, cake, cookies
- Exclude Soda and Juice: apple juice, orange juice, soda
- Exclude Grains in Excess: bread, pasta, cereal
- Exclude Snack Foods: crackers, chips, processed food
Even after you’ve created a diabetes diet plan using these tips, there still may be nutrient deficiencies in your diet. Look for Nutrition Response Testing in Shawnee, KS, to discover which nutrients are missing from your daily intake.
What Is Nutrition Response Testing?
We will conduct our testing method to find out which vitamins and minerals are not included in your daily foods. For example, are you low on iron, magnesium, vitamin D, or other essential vitamins? Do not delay in finding the answer in Shawnee, KS.
At LifeWorks, we use Nutrition Response Testing to determine which nutrients your body needs to restore health and provide balance. You may need to supplement your diet with specific nutrients. If you are looking for a drug-free strategy to improve your chronic disease, schedule a consultation with us to learn more.