Dr. Matthew Gianforte
Nobody wants to live with acid reflux. If you have been searching for relief, have you ever considered chiropractic care for acid reflux? When you combine regular visits to a chiropractor and a diet for acid reflux in Shawnee, KS, you can find lasting relief.
Chiropractic Care for Treating Acid Reflux
Acid reflux is when acid travels back up from the stomach. There are several ways that chiropractic care can help by:
- Strengthening surrounding muscles to take the pressure off the stomach muscles.
- Working to maintain a healthy body weight.
- Aligning the spine to relieve nerve pain.
The whole body works together to prevent discomforts caused by acid reflux. When one part of the body is out of whack, it can affect other areas as well.
Diet for Acid Reflux
Along with chiropractic care, your diet can affect your acid reflux. What are the good and bad foods for acid reflux in Shawnee, KS?
- Chicken Breast
- Brown Rice
These mild foods will sit well and soothe the stomach.
- Coffee: Caffeine is not good for acid reflux.
- Carbonation: The bubbly components of carbonation expand and promote traveling back up and out of the space.
- Chocolate: This sweet substance is fatty and does not sit well in a stomach that has acid reflux.
- Alcohol: Alcohol causes acid production in the stomach and also weakens the sphincter that is supposed to keep acid from traveling back up the esophagus.
- Late-Night Snacks: Lying down after eating utilizes gravity in delivering acid reflux.
When you follow a diet for acid reflux in Shawnee, KS, you can discover the foods to avoid and reduce your acid reflux symptoms. The adjustment may be challenging in the beginning, but it has big pay-offs.
At LifeWorks, we can help you find solutions so you don’t have to live with acid reflux discomfort. We use a combination of pain relief, regenerative medicine, physical medicine, and chiropractic care to treat the root of the problem. We can help you find the lasting relief you’ve been seeking. You can contact our team to schedule a consultation today.