Dr. Matthew Gianforte
We spend a large portion of the day looking at screens: laptops, smartphones, e-readers, and more. As these digital devices become a regular part of our lives, many people are experiencing chronic neck pain. If you have tight, tense, painful muscles in the neck and shoulders, then it might be time to look for a neck pain doctor near me. Whether you live in Kansas City or another area, you can find a provider who is close to home.
Body Position Results in Neck Pain
Talking to a neck pain doctor near me will uncover the reason why you are experiencing chronic pain. When using an electronic device, it changes your body position. It’s common for people to look down or lean forward, which puts strain and pressure on the neck.
When the head is over the shoulders and neck, then everything is balanced. If the head is positioned forward, then the muscles in the back of the neck need to work harder to hold everything in place. Over time, this positioning can cause chronic injury and inflammation in the neck, head, shoulders, and upper back.
Tips to Reduce Neck Pain
If you are one of the many people in Kansas City (and around the country) who experience chronic neck pain, then there are a few things you can do to reduce this pain:
- Stretching: Keep the neck, pectoral, and shoulder muscles loose by stretching regularly. Dedicate 5 – 10 minutes every morning and night to stretch these areas.
- Strengthening: Also, make sure that the muscles are strong to hold everything in balance. Bodyweight exercises and strength training are important for strong shoulder and neck muscles.
- Alignment: If the spine is out of alignment, then it can have a domino effect that increases neck pain. Talk to a chiropractor about adjustments and possible treatment options.
Finding a neck pain doctor near me is a great solution to create a personalized plan for healing. If you live in or around Kansas City, then talk to our team at LifeWorks. We provide a Comprehensive Care model leveraging unique tools for physical medicine, pain relief, regenerative medicine, and chiropractic care. Learn about this new approach to addressing the root cause of your pain through a drug-free, non-surgical approach. Schedule a consultation for more information.
Share This Story
Let's Integrate Your Health!
- Customized Health Services
- Chiropractic Care
- Pain Management
- Nutrition Response
- Advanced Physical Medicine Treatments
At LifeWorks Integrative Health we take wellness, prevention, and supporting the body before illness occurs just as seriously as we take your acute and chronic pain that is already occurring.