Neuropathy Treatment Shawnee KS | Neuropathy is linked to several causes. In addition to a full physical examination which includes, an accurate diagnosis can only be made after a complete medical history and a neuro exam. Review of the medical history examines lifestyle, habits, family history of certain illnesses and diseases and the risk of exposure to foreign subjects or toxins. The neuro exam is performed to test reflexes of the tendons, coordination and sensitivity to touch, muscle strength and posture. These tests combined help to decide what could be the most effective neuropathy treatment Shawnee, KS specialists offer.
Treatment for Neuropathy
An effective non-surgical or non-medical options for neuropathy treatment Shawnee, KS is physical rehabilitation. There are several therapeutic options that could possibly help to alleviate or reduce the symptoms associated with neuropathy. If you are experiencing weak muscles as a result of neuropathy, physical rehabilitation could work to improve muscle strength and movement.
Signs You May Have Neuropathy
The symptoms are different among various individuals, according to the nerves that are impacted. You may experience one or more of the following symptoms if you have neuropathy.
- Numbness in various parts of your body but more often the hands and feet
- Tingling or burning sensation that exists in areas of the body, especially feet and hands
- Difficulty grasping things with your hands or performing daily activities
- Trouble walking or balancing due to nerve damage in your feet
After the Diagnosis
Once you have officially been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, you may be wondering what comes next. Treatment types and recovery varies among individuals. Your medical provider may suggest the following neuropathy treatment Shawnee, KS.
- Changes in your diet. There are certain nutrients that contribute to the management of neuropathy. If you lack certain vitamins in your diet, a nutrition specialist could help develop a healthy diet regimen for you.
- Physical rehabilitation strengthens the muscles. To build up muscle mass and improve your coordination, consider physical rehab to decrease the pain and cramps you may experience.
- Integrative health care is an effective method that helps to manage neuropathy. This approach includes massage therapy and laser therapy to help decrease the cycles of pain and restore function to the nerves.
At LifeWorks Integrative Health, we offer integrative treatment options for a wide category of issues, including neuropathy. We specialize in creating customized treatment plans for each patient to help deliver relief that lasts because we address the source of your problem and chronic pain. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation to see if you are a candidate for care.