PRP THERAPY AT LIFEWORKS INTEGRATIVE HEALTH
PROMOTING THE REAPAIR AND GROWTH OF CONNECTIVE TISSUE
FDA-Approved Injections to Relieve Chronic Pain
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections tap into the natural healing power in your own blood, promoting accelerated regeneration by using growth factors in the platelets. This cutting-edge approach to natural medicine signals the cells in the affected area to grow, renew, and repair.
PRP Therapy in Shawnee, Kansas
You don’t have to live with chronic pain, relying on medication and surgery to function. It’s easy to see why PRP Therapy is becoming more popular: these non-invasive injections work with the natural functions in your body to address the root cause of your pain.
- Platelets in your blood contain healing benefits from hundreds of proteins, known as growth factors
- Blood is drawn, then plasma is separated from other blood cells using centrifugation, resulting in a high concentration of platelets (5 – 10 times richer than regular blood)
- When the platelet-rich blood is injected into the injured area, it promotes the healing functions in the body by amplifying natural growth factors
- Ultrasound imaging is used to guide the doctor, ensuring the injection is placed in an optimal location
- PRP therapy can support the healing of the musculoskeletal system: muscles, joints, ligaments, and tendons
The benefit of PRP therapy is that you are getting to the root cause of your pain instead of masking the symptoms with medication.
Am I A Good Candidate For PRP Therapy?
Here are a few factors that are considered when determining if you are a good candidate for this therapy:
- Traditional medications and treatments aren’t sufficient for relieving your pain.
- You’re looking for solutions to address chronic musculoskeletal pain, including muscles, joints, and connective tissue.
- Essential functions of life are disrupted because of chronic pain – affecting your relationships, home responsibilities, and career.
- The increasing pain is overshadowing opportunities in the future.
Since PRP injections enhance the healing process, patients can avoid common side-effects from medications. Since the platelets are created using your own blood, you don’t need to worry about the risk of an adverse reaction or rejection of the treatment.
Conditions PRP Therapy Can Address
How PRP Therapy Work?
When an injury occurs, the body sends a signal for help – with platelet cells coming to the injury site to support healing. The blood cells release growth factors that initiate the healing process needed to repair and restore the injured tissue.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy works with this natural function in the body by injecting the platelet-rich plasma directly to the injured area. As a result, it can accelerate healing and promote the recovery of poorly healed tissue.
The growth factors available from PRP Therapy injections help by stimulating tissue recovery. Cell proliferation is enhanced, collagen production is increased, and injections support tenocyte-gene and protein expression. As a result, the body can repair injured tissues more quickly and effectively.
We are required to inform you that there is no intention implied or otherwise that represents or infers that regenerative medicine is used in the cure, diagnosis, mitigation, treatment, and or prevention of any disease.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does PRP Therapy Differ from Cortisone Injections?
Traditional medicine often uses synthetic corticosteroid injections to reduce inflammation and alleviate joint pain. These injections mask the symptoms and don’t address the underlying cause – sometimes resulting in more prominent issues in the future.
On the other hand, PRP uses the patient’s blood to leverage growth factors that work with the healing functions in the body. Promoting regenerative tissue is a natural process that addresses the root cause of pain. Additionally, PRP therapy can be done with minimal side effects.
When is PRP Therapy Used?
These injections are often used in sports medicine. The therapy can be effective for adults of all ages looking to achieve an overall healthy lifestyle.
This technology has been around for over two decades, with PRP Therapy being used to promote wound healing and support recovery after surgery. Now, it’s becoming more common to use these injections as minimally-invasive treatments and prevention, helping to reduce the need for surgery in the future.
How Long Will It Take to See Results from PRP Therapy?
Individual results vary, but most people experience results within 4 – 8 weeks. Recovery time can change depending on the part of the body being treated.
How Many Injections Will I Need?
The recommended treatment plan depends on the unique needs of each patient. Most people notice a reduction in pain after the first or second injection. It’s common for a full treatment plan to include 2 – 6 injections total throughout treatment.
Improve your overall health
and regain your vitality for life.
Increase energy by improving your bodies function.
Medication and surgery don’t
have to be the answer.
Stop wasting time not getting the results your desire.